Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

Bigging it Up for Jodie



I have the wonderful honour of having made a brand new friend recently. Especially as she's a talented designer I've admired from afar for quite a while now. I've loved her work and have even bought her products without even knowing she was behind them. I am referring to the delightful vintage styled creations of the Gypsy Chick herself, Jodie Lee.

I once read that Mark Gatiss, upon meeting his hero, Rufus Wainwright, found it was all he could do to stop himself from touching the singer's nose. I feel the exact same way about Jodie (she doesn't know this yet lol).

I first knew of Jodie's work from buying her digital designs through Jessica Sprague's website. Then she wrote a comment on my blog having seen that I had incorporated one of her rubber stamp designs in one of my cards. I didn't know it at the time, but she is the talent behind Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden Collection (a huge fave of mine. I've used the stamps but cannot, will not, cut into my lovely 12x12 papers).

Anyhoo, for reasons I'll explain tomorrow, I made a card using some of my Jodie Lee stash. The background paper with the rose design is actually a freebie which
you can download from her blog. The rest was from my digital collection.

The buttons are a technique I found online for transforming plain types into shabby chic, using liquid pearl paint, distress crackle and then distress ink.

Finally, the inspiration for the card's design came from this week's CASE study challenge.

Okay, off to write the post for tomorrow. Can't say much now but (hint, hint) there may be another link to a freebie, so stay tuned.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous! i love the banner and the button accent. so pretty.

Neet said...

What a gorgeous border punch you have used on here and I love the corner embellishment of buttons. Off to check out Jodie as your card is so inspiring.

cockney blonde said...

WOW! Love this Paul. The colours are fabby, x

JoZart Designs said...

I adore this, especially the bunting... it is one of my all time faves of your cards.
Jo x

Jodie Lee Studio said...

Well, I was both entertained and inspired reading that post, Paul! :) Thank you for your kind words, and I'm very touched you like my nose :) - ha ha!! That was funny!

Seeing all your wonderful creations gives me the urge to get messy with glue and scissors! I need to do that more often.

Love that button idea too!

Thank you!
Jodiexo

kjjc said...

Paul how did I miss this. Parisian themed banners-wow. goth them now though. thanks for sharing the info. Beautiful card.

alexa said...

This is really cool! Both festive and yet subtle ... Love those grouped buttons.

Cristina said...

Wow! This is gorgeous. So balanced and serene. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Aimes said...

This is one soft, beautiful card! Love the banner and your use of buttons!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE that pennant--and the sentiment is fabulous! :) Stunning work! :)

Clare said...

Gorgeous card, LOVE the banner and arrangement of buttons! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

Andrea Ewen said...

Love the design with those sweet banners and the awesome punched border! Your beautiful card delivers quite an impact! Well done!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Not only your card is gorgeous, but it's always a pleasure to read your post as well! You've got a lovely style of writing :)
Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx